Tooth Replacement in Independence, MO
A dental bridge is a non-removable solution to replace a lost tooth or teeth. Patients often prefer the easy maintenance required for bridges since they only need regular brushing and cleaning. A bridge is made of durable materials and is a functional and natural-looking solution for filling gaps left by missing teeth.
A bridge earns its name by providing a “bridge” between natural teeth, placing replacement teeth (also called pontics) in the gap. The bridge is attached to retaining teeth for stability.
Bridges are available in four main styles, depending on how the bridge is affixed to the retaining teeth. Our dentists take the patient’s situation into account when recommending a particular type of bridge, including:
- The position of the gap in the mouth
- The condition of the abutting teeth
- The patient’s budget and cosmetic goals
The four bridge options are:
- Traditional: Bonded to crowns on each side of the bridge.
- Implant-Supported: Bonded to crowns on top of implants on each side of the bridge.
- Cantilever: Bonded by only one crown on an abutment tooth.
- Maryland: Uses framework bonded to non-crowned abutment teeth.
If you are looking for a Independence, MO dentist who offers bridges, call Meiners Dentistry at (816) 252-3545 to make an appointment with Dr. Meiners.